Let the good times roll in Panama City Beach during the annual Panama City Beach Mardi Gras and Music Festival, which returns, February 11-12, 2022. Located just steps away from the destination’s famous sugar-white sand beaches and turquoise waters, this authentic two-day Mardi Gras festival features parades, costume contests, fireworks and thrilling live music. In conjunction with the Krewe of Dominique Youx’s great Mardi Gras at the Beach parade, the festival features entertainment for the whole family.
“Our Mardi Gras and Music Festival is one of the most festive weekends of the year, and there is no better place to revel in the spectacular weekend than our Real.Fun.Beach,” shares President and CEO of Visit Panama City Beach Dan Rowe. “From parades to performances, beads to beaches, our celebration is a can’t miss event and the perfect place to bring the whole family to enjoy a real Mardi Gras experience.”
This free event includes the Krewe of Dominique Youx’s Mardi Gras at the Beach Parade, live music, a costume contest, fireworks, a 5K run, arts and crafts, caricatures, face painting and much more. Guests can enjoy this year’s music headliner, The Guess Who, perform at Aaron Bessant Park, as well as other notable acts like the Swingin’ Medallions, Heat & The Zydeco Gents, Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band and Waylon Thibodeaux “Louisiana Rockin’ Fiddler.”
The 2022 Panama City Mardi Gras and Music Festival will feature the below itinerary.
Friday, Feb. 11
- 4:00-6:30 p.m. Float Tours
- 4:00 p.m. Kids Fun Zone/ Festival Village
- 6:00 p.m. Kids Parade
- 6:30 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 6:30 p.m. Kids Costume Contests
- 7:00 p.m. Second Line Crawl Parade
- 7:30 p.m. LIVE MUSIC: Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band
- 8:30 p.m. Fireworks
Saturday, Feb. 12
- 8:00 a.m. Mardi Gras 5K/Fun Run
- 12:00 p.m. Kids Fun Zone/Festival Village
- 12:00 p.m. LIVE MUSIC: Swingin’ Medallions
- 1:30 p.m. HEADLINER: The Guess Who
- 3:00 p.m. LIVE MUSIC: Heat & the Zydeco Gents
- 4:15 p.m. Krewe of Dominique Youx Mardi Gras at the Beach Main Parade
- 5:45 p.m. LIVE MUSIC: Waylon Thibodeaux “Louisiana Rockin’ Fidler”
- 7:00 p.m. Fireworks
This event is free and open to the public. For scheduling and parking information and to view a map of the parade route, visit visitpanamacitybeach.com.