Following on from the successful inaugural Circumnavigation of Australia in 2022, Australia’s pioneering cruise line Coral Expeditions will set sail on a new expedition onboard Coral Adventurer in October 2025. The new voyage will be themed as “Australia’s Coastal Legend” with the 60-night itinerary set to connect the small cohort of guests with the legendary places, people, history and tastes of Australia’s remote coastal territories.
This will be a rare and special travel experience with a planned schedule of 48 excursion experiences dispersed around the vast and diverse coastal landscape of Australia. Guests will be accompanied by our all-Australian crew and a range of special hosts with deep expertise to showcase and share experiences ranging from intimate seasonal encounters with endemic marine and terrestrial flora and fauna, cultural connections with remote first nations and coastal communities, discovering dramatic shorelines and tidal landscapes and learning of the rich heritage and historical significance of destinations along the way. Guests will meet legendary Australian characters and indulge in the bountiful tastes of Australia on shore and at sea including seafood, wines, beef, dairy and local seasonal produce.
Guest numbers will be limited to only 112 passengers ensuring this is a rare and unique travel opportunity.
The 60-night circumnavigation will depart Cairns on October 17, 2025. We anticipate high demand for the voyage following the single week sell out of the prior edition.
As with the inaugural voyage, this adventure will include three significant event experiences that will capture the imagination of guests. These will include a special cultural feast and performances in the Thursday Islands, a winemaker’s lunch event with paired wines in Margaret River and finally a charter flight to enjoy a day in the Queensland outback at a legendary country homestead.
“Our team is excited to launch this epic new voyage,” said Jeff Gillies, Commercial Director. “The first voyage in 2022 has become legend amongst our guests and crew, and we have many learnings to make the next edition even better again. Our focus will be to deliver a product that is more than just a sail around. We are planned to have 48 excursion days making this a true expedition adventure of the style only a pioneer could deliver”.
“One key new element will be that our culinary team has developed a program of shore excursions and onboard offerings inspired by the globally renowned regional produce we will find along the way. This will include tastings of cool climate wines in Tasmania’s Tamar region, indulging in oysters and abalone fresh from the sea in South Australia, enjoying a special seafood night onboard whilst in the Houtman’s Abrolhos Islands and sampling the tropical delights of northern Australia’s fruits and native ingredients”.
Excursion highlights along the distinctly diverse coastal regions of Australia will include:
Across the top of Northern Australia
- Walk on country with traditional First Nations elders on Stanley Island
- Raise your glass with a Champagne toast at Pajinka on the Tip of Australia
- Snorkel and dive in the pristine marine environs of Lizard Island and Ashmore Reef
- Witness the power and majesty of the Kimberley geography and tides at iconic sites of Talbot Bay and Montgomery Reef
- Connect with indigenous culture and community in Yirkkala and the Tiwi Islands
- Step ashore on a true island hideaway and hear the legend of the bounty on Restoration Island
Southward through West Australia’s coastal wonders
- Visit the sites of historic shipwrecks and learn about the seafaring legend of early explorers and traders
- Cool off with in-water adventures at the Rowley Shoals, Ningaloo, and Shark Bay
- Witness the majestic annual whale migration of the Indian Ocean
- Enjoy ranger guided walks ashore in the rugged Dampier archipelago
- Explore wildlife encounters with rare seabirds and marine mammals at island outposts of the Lacapedes, Montebello and Murion Islands
- Meet the remote fishing community of the Houtman’s Abrolhos Group and indulge in fresh lobster with a special seafood dinner onboard
Traversing powerful Southern Ocean shores
- Step ashore on remote coastal beaches fringed with native wildflowers in spring
- Witness the power of the Southern Ocean and sail past the striking Bunda Cliffs and the 12 Apostles
- Share the waters and shoreline with abundant colonies of seals and sea lions and migratory seabirds
- Visit small communities and coastal townships to meet the locals of Esperance and Port Fairy
- Indulge in the succulent seafood bounty of fresh oysters in Coffin Bay and abalone on Flinders Island
- Enjoy wildlife encounters on famous Kangaroo and Philip Islands
- Enter Tasmania’s Tamar River and indulge in the regions world class wines and produce
Homeward bound up the East Coast
- Wake early and enjoy a memorable sunrise sail into Sydney Harbour
- Step ashore in Trial Bay and visit the historic goal and foreshore markets
- Enjoy a snorkel and kayak trail amongst the shipwrecks at Tangalooma
- Take an island tour and enjoy cultural guided talks on K’gari (Fraser Island)
- Sail through the spectacular islands of the Whitsunday region