G Adventures launches a collection of tours dedicated to wellness and adventure. The small group tour operator’s new ‘Wellness’ travel style features a program of trips in 10 destinations, all designed to help travellers slow down, find their balance and reconnect with the world, as well as with themselves.
Each Wellness trip will be led by an experienced Chief Experience Officer (CEO) and begins with an intention setting ceremony where travellers will explore their reasons for seeking wellbeing, and set out what they want to achieve from their journey. The slower-paced itineraries give travellers time to ground themselves on arrival and to explore their local surroundings, while the accommodation options provide a quiet and calming base outside the bustle of the city.
A variety of different types of yoga will be led by local experts, such as Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa and Aerial, as well as optional guided meditations including mindfulness, mantra and transcendental practices. Travellers will connect to their physical self through movement experiences, including natural hikes in Iceland, stand-up paddle boarding in Costa Rica and cycling through rice terraces in Bali.
Operating on the understanding that food is more than a meal, it is an experience, each tour will feature local culinary highlights including market visits, tastings with locals and cooking classes. Offering healthy cuisine, centred around fresh, local and seasonal produce with optional vegetarian and vegan options available, meals are designed to nourish both the body and the mind.
The new Wellness itineraries include:
- Wellness Colombia – While Colombia may not be a traditional wellness destination, the combination of tranquility and activity on this eight-day tour is perfect for travellers looking to rejuvenate and recharge. Highlights include sampling local flavours on a street food tour in Cartagena, spending a day hiking into Tayrona National Park and wandering through the foothills of the Sierra Nevada to the Aluna Springs to enjoy a guided meditation next to a waterfall.
- Wellness Costa Rica – Renowned for its adventure experiences, stunning beaches and biodiversity that is second-to-none, wellness-seekers can tap into Costa Rica’s unique energy on this eight-day tour. From remote eco lodges in the Rincon de la Vieja and surf lessons on secluded beaches near Samara, to aerial yoga in Playa Carrillo and a visit to the G Adventures-supported Mi Cafecito coffee co-operative, everything on the itinerary is designed with the pura vida ethos in mind.
- Wellness Iceland – Clean air, vast landscapes, geothermal spas and yoga overlooking the waterfalls of Thingvellir National Park make this seven-day wellness journey unforgettable. Travellers will get active, hiking Solheimajokull Glacier using crampons and pickaxes, visit a horse farm to learn about the beautiful Icelandic horses and take part in a rye-bread cooking class in a geothermal bakery.
- Wellness India – In the birthplace of yoga, this 11-day tour sees travellers spending three nights in a traditional Ashram on the banks of the Ganges river. Here they will enjoy an authentic vegetarian diet and daily yoga sessions, before heading to Dharamshala, the home to the Dalai Lama. Learning about Hindu and Buddhist spiritual beliefs, they will also visit the Pakistan border to watch the famous changing of the guard.
- Wellness Italy – Rome and Tuscany – In the land of rolling hills and delicious wine, this seven-day tour focuses on local food and being present in the stunning surroundings. Farm-to-table style cooking classes, restorative evening yoga and natural thermal pools are twinned with a traditional vineyard visit and a local wine tasting, showing that true well being is all about balance.
- Wellness Nepal – This 13-day Wellness tour balances daily yoga, including Surya Namaskar Yoga, with jeep safaris through Chitwan National Park and a two-night stay in the spiritual hub of Lumbini, the birthplace of the Buddha. A three-night stay in a working monastery will see travellers take part in a traditional prayer ceremony and meditation session, guided by the Nepalese monks.
- Wellness Patagonia – Retreat from the bustle of life to one of the world’s most southern and remote regions. Glaciers, mountains and parks awaits travellers on this 10-day wellness journey, along with the time – and the space – to stop and reconnect to the planet and oneself. From hiking the beautiful Cerro Tronador, kayaking on crystal-clear lakes and horse riding across grasslands to watching the sunset with a beer in hand at a local brewery, this tour incorporates activity and local cuisine with the space to recentre and relax.
For more information, please visit https://www.gadventures.com/travel-styles/wellness/.