Auberge Utah (comprised of the iconic The Lodge at Blue Sky, Auberge Resorts Collection and historic Goldener Hirsch, Auberge Resorts Collection) is more than just a holiday vacation, but the heartbeat of America’s winter, bringing fairytale Christmas stories and snow-covered mountain tops to life. Whether the perfect White Christmas is one of romance, family time or serene solitude before the new year, find programming below that makes Auberge Utah a must-see on any winter travelers festive bucket list.
The Lodge at Blue Sky
- Thanksgiving Day: In the morning, guests can participate in a restorative yoga class with a series of intentional poses that kindle gratitude. By evening, guests can enjoy an intimate gathering with friends and family for a Thanksgiving Dinner at Yuta, prepared by Chef Jason Franey.
- Snowshoe to Après Whiskey Wind Down at the Yurt: Throughout December, guests will be able to book an immersive tasting experience with the hotel’s whiskey ambassador featuring small bites paired with flights of whiskeys during an informative exploration of various distiller’s signature batches and barrel selects.
- Christmas Eve: Guests can indulge in an elegant and comforting meal with a family-style dinner service and optional wine pairing featuring live entertainment, followed by storytelling with Santa.
- Christmas Day: On Christmas morning, guests can enjoy the pancakes and pajamas buffet at Yuta or enjoy a unique holiday installation of The Edge Spa’s Essential Edge vinyasa flow with signature essential oils blends. By night, savor a four-course Christmas Day dinner featuring locally sourced ingredients.
- New Year’s Eve: Ring in the New Year with a specially prepared six-course menu by Chef Franey, followed by sparklers and s’mores, and a party at The Lodge at Blue Sky.
- New Year’s Day: Wrap up the holiday festivities with a restorative yoga class focused on letting go, featuring thoughtful, moving meditation to open yourself to all the possibilities of the new year ahead.
Goldener Hirch, Auberge Resorts Collection
- Thanksgiving Day: Guests can participate in a guided hiking adventure in the mountains of the best alpine hiking areas before a traditional Thanksgiving feast prepared by Chef Nicolas Lebas, featuring tender Sous Vide turkey with cranberry chutney, crusted scallops with pumpkin tortellini, sweet pumpkin cheesecake, and more.
- Gingerbread Making: On December 21 from 4-5 pm, guests can get their hands messy with Pastry Chef Catherine Balken for the Goldener Hirsch holiday tradition gingerbread house making inspired by the Swiss Alps. In addition, guests can get creative with cookie decorating and personalize their gingerbread cookies.
- Second Annual Visit of the Reindeer: On December 23, families can gather on The Terrace with complimentary hot chocolate to pet reindeer from the local farm.
- Christmas Eve: Indulge in a family-style Christmas Eve feast at The Goldener Hirsh Restaurant featuring traditional and non-traditional holiday dishes made with locally sourced produce from 5-9 pm.
- Christmas Day: Guests can enjoy complimentary morning coffees and rich hot chocolate as they watch Santa Claus ski down the mountain before he begins his travels around the world. By evening, guests can indulge in the most delicious food and drinks inspired by old-world traditions with a modern flair from 5-9 pm.
- New Year’s Day: On New Year’s Day, guests can gather at the hotel’s signature restaurant, The Goldener Hirsh Restaurant, for a traditional New Year’s Day Dinner that includes lobster bisque, wagyu beef tartare, onion tart, potato and truffle pave, wild turbot, veal chop, and for dessert, an apple tatin.