Brisas Group has begun reopening its nine hotels and resorts across the country, with all properties expected to be opened and operating by July 1, 2020 following closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Brisas Group portfolio consists of two hotel collections: Las Brisas, the brand’s flagship resort collection with locations in Acapulco, Huatulco, Manzanillo, Ixtapa and Queretaro, and Galeria Plaza, a collection of business-centric hotels with locations in major business centers such as Mexico City, Veracruz and Irapuato. In addition to Las Brisas and Galeria Plaza, Brisas Group also oversees the five-star NIZUC Resort & Spa in Cancun, which reopened its doors to travelers on June 17, 2020.
“Brisas Group will continue to provide the highest standards of service and safety for its guests in all its hotels and resorts,” said Antonio Cosio Pando, Chairman of Brisas Group. “We will constantly follow the existing regulations put in place by the authorities as well as international standards, to ensure that your stay is as safe and pleasant as possible at all times. We hope to welcome you very soon so that you continue to enjoy or unique experiences.”
- Hacienda Jurica by Brisas located in Queretaro reopened on June 17, 2020
- Las Brisas Huatulco located in the state of Oaxaca is scheduled to reopen on July 1, 2020
- Las Brisas Acapulco is scheduled to reopen on July 1, 2020
- Las Hadas by Brisas located in Manzanillo is scheduled to reopen on July 1, 2020
- Las Brisas Ixtapa is scheduled to reopen on July 1, 2020
- Galeria Plaza Veracruz reopened on June 15, 2020
- Galeria Plaza Irapuato reopened on June 15, 2020
- Galeria Plaza Reforma in Mexico City is scheduled to reopen on July 1, 2020
Regarded for its commitment to excellence, Brisas Group has implemented a cleanliness standard that is to be maintained across all properties in its portfolio to ensure that a safe environment is provided for both guests and employees.
Some of the protocols that have been implemented include:
- All areas of the hotel will be completely cleaned and sanitized with regular cleanings occurring every two hours by a cleaning brigade in the following areas: reception, front desk, lobby, elevators, indoors and outdoors, restaurants and bars, pool area, gyms and spas, as well as the rooms in entirety.
- Anti-bacterial gel dispensers will be available throughout the hotel to encourage frequent use.
- All cleaning and sanitization products are certified and approved by COFEPRIS and the Federal Ministry of Health.
- Upon arrival, all employees will check-in through an employee entrance where their temperatures will be checked before they can begin work.
- The temperature of every guest will be taken upon arrival.
- There will be disinfectant mats at each entrance to the hotel so that the guests clean their shoes before entering.
- Each resort will offer anti-bacterial gel and masks, and request authorization to sanitize your luggage before the hotel’s entrance.
- If, after check-in, you wish to use the bell service, the gondola or cart used to transport luggage will be cleaned before and after each use.
- Housekeeping will ensure that each room is fully sanitized and clean upon arrival.
- Any items such as pen, paper and amenities in the bathrooms will be changed upon check-out of the previous guest, so that it is new and clean for use upon arrival.
- For your comfort and safety tables will be spaced a minimum of 6-feet apart from one another.
- Menus will be covered in plastics and cleaned before each use. Upon arrival you may scan the QR code on your mobile device to read the menu. There will no buffet service at this time, only a-la-carte.
- Pool beds will be separated by a distance of at least six feet.
- All gym equipment will be kept at a mandatory minimum six-foot distance and will be constantly cleaned for the safety of the users.
- A maximum user capacity will be posted at each spa and gym.
For the full list of health and safety protocols being implemented at Las Brisas and Galeria Plaza properties visit their website.