Luxury resort, Palazzo di Varignana, has launched a series of Health and Wellness Retreat packages founded on the revolutionary Acquaviva Method.
Created by Dr. Annamaria Acquaviva, a distinguished dietician, nutritionist, and pharmacist, and the Scientific Director of Palazzo di Varignana, the Acquaviva Method brings a holistic approach to wellness, sustainability, and longevity.
The scientific direction of Dr. Acquaviva is dedicated to designing a vacation primarily focused on wellness, sustainability, and longevity: restaurant menus, holistic activities, beauty treatments and “transformative” experiences are selected based on the scientific evidence that demonstrates its effectiveness.
Dr. Annamaria Acquaviva, Scientific Director of Palazzo di Varignana, said: “Scientific research confirms that the human body is an extremely fascinating mechanism that functions optimally only if all parts are in balance with each other. Epigenetics, in fact, studies how environmental factors and lifestyle can influence the expression of genes, promoting health, disease or premature aging.
“Therefore, our destiny does not only depend on our genetic heritage, but above all on our lifestyle: how and what we eat, how and how much we sleep, how we manage stress, how we cultivate emotions, how much exercise we do.
“A conscious lifestyle helps to control the running of the “clock hands” dictated by unhealthy behaviours. It is therefore possible to modulate our DNA through strategies to express our full psycho-physical potential, create harmony between mind and body and promote healthy longevity.”
Aquaviva Method: 5 Pillars of Health
The 5 Pillars of Health offers a transformational experience utilising highly performing, science-based, integrated, and customised protocols.
Scientific research highlights the intricate balance required for optimal human function. The Acquaviva Method addresses this balance through the 5 Pillars of Health, merging Western medicine with Eastern practices for a holistic vision of well-being.
The 5 Pillars of Health are:
- Nutrition – functional and nutritional nutrition plays a crucial role in a person’s health and well-being
- Inner harmony and balance – full well-being is achieved by virtue of a state of harmony and inner peace
- Physical activity – an integral part of healthy habits
- Sleep & rest – sleep is one of the fundamental pillars for psycho-physical and cognitive well-being
- Food & cosmetic integration – nutrition is not always sufficient on its own to provide nutrients, vitamins, mineral salts, and antioxidant active ingredients. For this reason, endogenous and exogenous integration can fill this gap
The balance among these 5 factors is the successful strategy towards well-being and longevity.
Dr. Annamaria Acquaviva, Scientific Director of Palazzo di Varignana, added: “I accompany people in a “transformation”, the opportunity to express their potential, to rediscover psychophysical harmony and mental energy, to shine with a new form of beauty. Through the scientific method that I have formulated, based on the 5 Pillars of Health, I will point to highly performing, science-based, integrated, and customised protocols with a holistic approach.
“Thanks to tools and strategies and subsequent follow-up, it is possible to continue this rewarding experience of getting back into shape over time.”
Palazzo di Varignana: A Haven of Wellness and History
Palazzo di Varignana stands as a testament to the convergence of age-old culture and history with the science of well-being. The Bolognese resort, centred around the 1705 Palazzo Bentivoglio country castle, embraces a contemporary village offering a sustainable model of hospitality. Guests can immerse themselves in ornamental gardens, stroll through the expansive 30 hectares of park, relax in the 4000 m2 SPA, savour on-site farm-fresh products, and marvel at artistic works.
Participants benefit from a comprehensive longevity consultancy, including bioimpedance measurement and personalised nutritional programs. Dr. Acquaviva guides guests through their transformation, providing post-stay recall activities to ensure the continued benefits of the method in daily life.
Acquaviva Method Retreats: A Range of Options
Each retreat is a path of rebirth and discovery, a true “transformative journey” that starts concretely and metaphorically inside the fascinating Royal Train: a period artistic jewel born in 1921, where the welcome wellbeing aperitif takes place with Dr. Acquaviva.
The retreats of 3-7 nights, or more, have been designed in every detail to promote maximum potential psycho-physical well-being and shine with new beauty. They are an opportunity to experience an extended vision of the concept of well-being which also touches on art, savoir-vivre and culture: what represents the “heritage of Italian lifestyle”.
Retreats available to guests include:
- Detox (2 nights): Cleanse and reset, targeting toxins and excess fluids
- In-Form (3-7 nights): Natural awakening of well-being for those recovering from stress
- Slim (7-14 nights): Reprogram metabolism for effective and lasting weight loss
- Deep Sleep (3-7 nights): Address insomnia and enhance sleep quality through mindfulness
- Golden Age (7 nights): Enhance charm in the menopause and pre-menopause phase
- La Dolce Vita (7-14 nights): Immerse in Italian lifestyle and well-being
- Shine Your Beauty (3-7 nights) – New for 2024: An immersive holiday dedicated to enhancing uniqueness
- New Man (3/7 nights) – New for 2024: A retreat focused on male well-being with relaxation treatments and tastings
- Yoga & Pilates (3/7 nights) – New for 2024: Celebrate silence in connection with nature through purification and lightness
- Sport & Fitness (3/7 nights) – New for 2024: Revitalize life with a holiday dedicated to sport and fitness in complete relaxation
Dr. Annamaria Acquaviva, Scientific Director of Palazzo di Varignana, remarked: “The project is the sum of decades of study and profession. Not only theories and scientific research, but a lot of practice, experience, comparison with people, with the needs and desires of those who seek for themselves a different balance between body and spirit. Together with the multidisciplinary team of Palazzo di Varignana, we have designed an unforgettable holiday.” For more information on the Palazzo di Varignana and its Health and Wellness retreats, please visit: https://www.palazzodivarignana.com/health-wellness/retreats-metodo-acquaviva/