Located in the picturesque Laurel Highlands of southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is renowned for its luxury offerings. In 2017, it further established its reputation as a premier golf destination by unveiling the Shepherd’s Rock golf course, designed by the legendary Pete Dye and Tim Liddy.
Highlights from the Launch of Shepherd’s Rock Golf Course in 2017:
- The Shepherd’s Rock Celebrity Pro-Am took place on July 11, starting at 10 a.m. This was a significant event to mark the grand opening of the new golf course.
- The festivities commenced a day earlier on July 10 at 6 p.m., with an exclusive pro-am draw and a VIP gala event headlined by Huey Lewis and The News.
- The event witnessed participation from celebrities such as Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Robbie Gould of the San Francisco 49ers, PGA TOUR professionals Ben Curtis and Jason Gore, Golf Channel’s Matt Ginella and Chris DiMarco, and local sports stars Brett Keisel, Heath Miller, and Phil Bourque.
- Golf enthusiasts had the chance to play in the pro-am with packages priced at $2,950 for individuals and $10,400 for a foursome. This package boasted overnight stays, a welcome amenity package worth over $500, two tickets to the pro-am draw event and VIP gala, and an exclusive chance to play on Shepherd’s Rock, among other perks.
Mike Jones, the director of golf and recreation at the time, expressed his enthusiasm, stating, “The celebrity pro-am was the perfect kickoff for Shepherd’s Rock. We aimed to offer participants a top-tier experience at Nemacolin and introduce them to what many believe will be one of the most praised golf layouts in the U.S.”
Features of the Shepherd’s Rock Golf Course:
- Nestled atop the Allegheny Mountains, Shepherd’s Rock spans 7,151 yards and promises an exceptional golfing experience set against a breathtaking backdrop. The course’s undulating landscape complements Dye’s ingenious design, ensuring a challenging yet enjoyable game for players.
- The par-5 18th hole, overlooked by the lavish Falling Rock boutique hotel, boasts a green perched on the highest point of the property. A majestic oak tree stands guard to the right, adding to the hole’s aesthetic appeal.
- In 2017, Shepherd’s Rock held the distinction of being the sole Mid-Atlantic layout and Pete Dye-designed course to open. Members and resort guests got the first glimpse of the course on July 1, with the general public gaining access from July 12 onwards.
For those seeking a blend of luxury and sport, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, with its Shepherd’s Rock golf course, offers an unparalleled experience in the heart of Pennsylvania.
For more information: www.nemacolin.com.
About Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
Nemacolin is one of North America’s premier luxury resort destinations. Situated on nearly 2,000 acres in Farmington, Pennsylvania, Nemacolin features 320 luxurious guestrooms, suites, townhouses and private upscale homes. The resort offers championship golf, including the Pete Dye-designed Mystic Rock golf course. In July, the property will open Shepherd’s Rock, its second Dye-designed signature course. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the Shooting Academy; Wildlife Academy which features everything from safari tours to dog sledding; Adventure Center, complete with zip lines and climbing wall; and Jeep Off-Road Driving Academy.
Guests can test their luck at our Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin, featuring approximately 600 slots and 28 table games. Nemacolin also boasts an internationally acclaimed spa collection and 15 restaurants and lounges, including Lautrec, a Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond restaurant experience. For meetings and events, Nemacolin’s 32,000 square feet of conference space includes three ballrooms, a lecture hall and 25 meeting rooms. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.