The team at Hands Up Holidays has travelled extensively in 2018 and is delighted to announce ten new destinations where families can travel in luxury and blend sightseeing, relaxation, adventure and giving back.
These transformational volunteer projects range from elephant conservation in Sri Lanka to hurricane relief in Puerto Rico to creating furniture from recycled pallets for low-income families in Hungary, and a lot else in between. Read on to discover more.
1. Sri Lanka will be one of the hottest destinations in 2019, and with us, make your luxury adventure meaningful by helping conserve elephants, sea turtles, or renovate homes.
2. Argentina has a dazzling array of landscapes, and you can explore as many as your time allows, and make it meaningful by renovating a school.
3. Hungary keeps on getting better, and we are thrilled to begin offering it in 2019 – build furniture from recycled pallets, clean rivers, and create compost containers, wooden toys for schools, and bird houses.
4. Eternally popular Greece is now part of the Hands Up Holidays portfolio where you can be the change conserving endangered loggerhead turtles.
5. Another paradise location, Dominican Republic is perfect for families seeking luxury and wanting to make a difference: build a home, or renovate a basketball court or baseball pitch, interacting with the locals throughout.
6. Croatia and Montenegro are the “dynamic duo”, offering breathtaking scenery, superb cuisine, friendly people and ways families can bond together by making a difference. Explore just one, or ideally both!
7. Myanmar has had a turbulent recent history, and you can play a part in shaping a positive future, building a home for a family in need. Blend this with fascinating cities, enchanting lakes, and remarkable ruins, all in luxury.
8. Puerto Rico has been damaged by hurricane and you can help the nation get fully back on its feet, with coastal cleanups, tree planting, bird counts and iguana surveys. Combine this with luxury, relaxation and adventure for an inspiring family vacation.
9. Yet another island paradise, St Lucia is ideal for families seeking luxury and a way to give back. You can combine luxury with adventure, relaxation and assist at a remedial reading program, help with homework in or provide mentoring and support to disadvantaged youth.
10. Panama has long been in the shadow of its neighbor Costa Rica, and is emerging as an awesome alternative, with fewer crowds and equally wonderful wildlife – you can even make a difference funding and building a wildlife rescue center!