Resorts World Catskills (RWC) today announced the Monster Golf Club will reopen to the public on Tuesday, August 29 for a condensed, preview season. With a $40 million investment from Resorts World Catskills, the complete redesign by Rees Jones uses holes from both the current Monster Golf Course and the Old International Course. The Monster Golf Club, originally designed in 1963 by Joe Finger, was once rated by Golf Digest as one of America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses.
“The grand reopening of the Monster Golf Club is a milestone moment for Resorts World Catskills as it completes the vision we had for this amazing property,” said Robert DeSalvio, President, Genting Americas East. “We are proud to deliver on the commitment we made to the Catskills community to reimagine and reinvigorate this storied golf course in partnership with the legendary Rees Jones. We can’t wait to welcome golfers from around the world to face the Monster!”
Nestled in the Catskill Mountains, the par-72 championship course will challenge every player with length, extensive bunkering, and a variety of water hazards. The Monster Golf Club is renowned for its large undulating greens, which can be both a challenge and an adventure for golfers. Six sets of tee boxes ensure the course is playable for anyone, from the most seasoned pro to the complete novice. Golfers will ride in style in the newest state-of-the-art lithium-ion E-Z-GO golf carts equipped with GPS technology. The course will be managed by Troon, the world’s largest golf and golf-related hospitality management company.
“The opening of any golf course is a special time but to do it in the picturesque Catskills and to be able to combine the elements of two celebrated courses makes this a truly remarkable occasion,” said Uri Jimenez, Club Manager/Director of Golf, Monster Golf Club. “The magic of Rees Jones is omnipresent throughout the course’s 18 holes and the hospitality excellence of Troon Golf and Resorts World Catskills offers golfers an unrivaled experience at the Monster Golf Club.”
How to Book a Tee Time:
- Beginning Tuesday, August 15, the public can begin reserving tee times.
- Tee times will be available seven days a week, from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Sullivan County residents, active military, veterans and hotel guests of Resorts World Catskills are eligible for discounted greens fees (subject to availability).
- Complimentary shuttle service will be provided to allow for easy transportation to and from the golf course.
- Shuttles will run every 20 minutes from dawn until dusk, making stops at Resorts World Catskills, The Alder, The Monster Golf Club and The Kartrite.