Terranea Resort invites guests to celebrate with its annual seaside Traditions, featuring festive offerings beginning with Thanksgiving and continuing through New Year’s Day. In addition to its signature elements, the resort has also created new virtual experiences, digital gift options, holiday activity kits, gourmet meals to go, and more. These exclusive seasonal specialties are designed to promote a safe and memorable holiday for guests seeking an effortless and luxurious oceanside retreat, with 102-acres of Southern California sunshine, sparkling waves, and fresh ocean breezes.
- Ongoing | DIY Holiday Activities – Kids Club Family Gratitude Boxes serve as the perfect gift to entertain friends and family with arts and crafts, games, gratitude conversation cards, and more. Additional DIY activity kits include Gingerbread Houses, Mandala Painting, Stargazing and S’mores, perfect for enjoying around one of the resort’s 228 fireplaces and fire pits. Available for purchase in pointe discovery.
- Ongoing | Virtual Experiences – Guests may enjoy fireside holiday stories read by a Terranea Elf and good tidings with a Peace and Tranquility resort channel showcasing the crashing waves and natural sounds of the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Virtual experiences are complimentary and available both in-room and accessible online.
- Ongoing | Digital Gift Guide – Guests may give the ultimate gift with a digital getaway certificate for a stay in an Ocean View Guestroom or Ocean View Suite at Terranea. Once purchased, the certificate may be redeemed for a stay within the next 365 days and includes resort fees and taxes. Based on availability, restrictions may apply. Traditional gift cards are also available and can be used resort-wide for dining, golf, spa, activities, stays and more – perfect for stocking stuffers or to be shipped to the gift recipient.
- November 26 | Turkey Day Hike – Embrace the changing of the seasons and the magical spirit of the holidays and take in the wonders of the natural landscape with a Turkey Day Hike. Work up an appetite by joining a Terranea naturalist for a picturesque guided hike around the 102-acre resort on Thanksgiving Day. 11:30am – 1:00pm | Advanced reservations required.
- November 27, December 13 & 20 | Mandala Ornament Decorating – Reflect on the true meaning of the holidays while painting two unique mandala ornaments and taking in the ocean views. Guided by a spiritual wellness coach, guests will learn the art of mandala meditation as they create their own unique holiday work of art keepsakes.
- December | Elf on the Shelf – Each day in December, guests may partake in a festive search for Terra, the Elf on the Shelf. A new holiday jingle is shared each day at pointe discovery that hints to Terra’s location. Perfect for the whole family to participate in the fun.
- December 1-25 | A Spa’tacular Holiday Retreat: Find time for wellness and an invigorating experience that will promote strength, relaxation, and an overall sense of well-being. Enjoy a customized 60-minute outdoor personal training session followed by a 60-minute massage treatment.
- Ongoing | Spa Treatments – Guests may choose to indulge with a 60-minute Skin Specifics Facial or a specialty 60 or 90-minute massage treatment. Massage options include CBD, Relaxing Classical, Therapeutics, Tranquility, Revitalizing Marine, and Crystal Reflections.
Safe & Comfortable Holiday:
- Care Promise – The health and well-being of guests and associates is paramount. As part of Terranea’s ongoing commitment, it has partnered with American Hotel & Lodging Association, California Hotel & Lodging Association, and Ecolab, to review and enhance its existing high standards of service and care to promote a safe and comfortable stay. Terranea has implemented the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Safe Stay industry-wide initiative, is Clean + Safe Certified by the California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA), and has incorporated recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health, and county health departments. In addition, the resort has developed enhanced training and protocols, in partnership with cleaning industry expert Ecolab. To learn more, please visit terranea.com/promise.
For more information please visit the website.