From Canada to California and Yakima to the Yukon, check out the NEW series of “Undiscovered” vacations in North America, encouraging travelers to write home about home. These itineraries are featured as part of a series of tours offering outdoor-seekers the opportunities to wrap themselves in the wilderness, nestle in the comfort of nature, find wonder in North America’s beauty and let the wind whip through their souls, enlivening their spirit for travel.
Here are eight inspired wilderness experiences travelers can look forward to on these North American adventures:
- Yucca It Up: Behold rugged rock formations, stark desert landscapes and twisted, bristled trees on an exhilarating 4-wheel drive tour through Joshua Tree National Park.
- Spinning Your Wheels Along with a Navajo Guide, join a 4-wheel-drive backcountry vehicle adventure in Canyon de Chelly National Monument and take delight in the area’s canyon, surrounded by towering sandstone cliffs.
- Living on the Edge: Visit Crater Lake National Park, created by a collapsed volcano. Take a drive around the rim for views of the deep blue lake and Wizard Island – a cinder cone near the western edge of the lake.
- What’s Bugging You?: Feel the wind in your hair on a dune buggy ride on the coastal sand dunes of Oregon’s Dunes National Recreation Area.
- Eagle Eyes: Take a glacier cruise for an up-close look along the 3-mile face of Meares Glacier. Watch for eagles, whales, mountain goats, dolphins and sea lines.
- Get Sidetracked: Take a train ride aboard the world-famous Alaska Railroad to Denali National Park. It promises an unforgettable journey through Alaska’s untamed wilderness.
- Stay Cool: For an exhilarating experience, take the Ice Explorer – an all-terrain vehicle designed for glacial travel – to traverse the Columbia Icefield and experience enormous glaciers up close.
- Seal of Approval: Embark on an Inside Passage cruise where you will see towering mountains, roaring waterfalls and abundant marine and wildlife including whales, seals and raptors.
“We do not need to cross oceans for adventure when there’s so much to discover in our own backyard,” said Stéphanie Bishop, managing director for the Globus family of brands. “Between North America’s national parks and historic towns is a world of wonders, waiting to be discovered and explored.”