With lockdown restrictions firmly in place and Brits therefore spending more time indoors, it has never been more important to get out for some fresh air and exercise – and what better place to do so than a Great British beach?
For anyone looking to visit a picture-perfect beach, holidaycottages.co.uk has analysed the number of Instagram snaps (because you only share a post on Insta if it’s picture-perfect, right?) across 593 beaches in England, Scotland, and Wales to ultimately reveal the top ten most Instagrammable beaches in the UK.
Analysing the findings, the top ten most Instagrammable beaches, based on the number of posts, are:
- West Beach, Bournemouth (71,929)
- Seagrove Beach, Isle of Wight (53,489)
- Formby Beach, Merseyside (37,482)
- Montrose Beach, Angus (26,978)
- Portobello Beach, Edinburgh (30,300)
- Aberdeen Beach, Aberdeen (29,177)
- Wells Beach, Norfolk (27.341)
- Worthing Beach (25,652)
- Cleethorpes Beach (22,943)
- Seacliff Beach, North Berwick (20,669)
With a whopping 71,929 Instagram snaps taken at the location, West Beach in Bournemouth takes the top spot as the most Instagrammable beach in the UK.