The use of cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is becoming more popular every day and is a widely used method to treat different health conditions. But what if you need to travel and take CBD medicine with you? Traveling with cannabidiol is a concern for many people since they do not know if it is legal. If you plan to travel with your CBD, first take a few minutes to read about some relevant things you should know before you go on a trip.
CBD is a substance present in cannabis that does not have psychoactive effects. However, it has many beneficial properties for people’s health, and the World Health Organization recognized many of them in December 2020, which supports the fact that taking CBD is totally safe. These medicines come in multiple presentations that will adjust to whatever your need is. Currently, on the market, you can find CBD oils, gummies, bath bombs, body creams, lip balms, relief rollers, and many other options. If you want to know more about any of them, click here.
In short, there are many alternatives if you are thinking about starting to use CBD in your daily life if you are not already using it. There are also many studies that support its effectiveness as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory, making it ideal for combating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, rheumatism, arthritis, and also many other health problems that affect daily life. Thanks to the CBD benefits it has become a popular alternative to treat many diseases.
The short answer is: it depends on the legislation of the country you are going to or the state you will visit. Besides that, the use of CBD is also regulated by another dosage that is immutable no matter what country you are in. It is crucial to know that the recommended dose of CBD cannot exceed 200 mg per day for adults, and its use is not usually recommended in pregnant or lactating women, children, and people with liver disease.
If you have medical authorization to take CBD and you are traveling, keep the following recommendations in mind:
- If your destination is somewhere in the US, there are approximately 29 states that have accepted the use of marijuana for medical purposes. Check if the city where you will be traveling belongs to one of these states.
- If your destination is a European country, the legality of the use of cannabis also varies depending on the country. The good news is that there are quite permissive countries such as the Netherlands, Spain, and Germany.
- Keep in mind the possibility that even if it is legal to carry CBD, you can be questioned by the authorities so they can verify the reasons for your consumption. It would be quite useful to carry with you some document that proves the prescription made by a doctor.
- Another thing to keep in mind if you are traveling within the United States is that your CBD product should have less than 0.3% THC. However, the best you can do is to choose a CBD product without THC.
- For better security, purchase your products from companies certified by reliable laboratories so you can trust the content of their list of ingredients.
Every medicine has side effects, and CBD is no exemption. When you travel, you will probably be making more physical effort than usual, or you could experience stress due to the travel schedule. When taking CBD under other than regular circumstances, you could experience adverse effects.
These are the side effects of CBD products:
- Low blood pressure and dizziness.
- Dry mouth.
- Loss of appetite.
- If used in the appropriate dose and orally, this medication does not pose a health risk. Despite this, excessive doses may cause liver damage.
It is crucial to avoid self-medication. Regarding the use of topical cannabidiol; cream, there is not enough information to warn about the side effects it can cause. Also, experts suggest avoiding CBD in combination with herbs or supplements since this can cause excessive side effects.
If you entered this article out of curiosity or in case you were looking for information for a friend, you will surely be intrigued by the use and advantages CBD products bring. First of all, you should know that these products have a low dose of THC or even nothing, so it does not cause the hysterical, dizzy, lethargic and hallucinatory effects of marijuana. When using CBD, you experience a feeling of calm that alleviates ailments.
The uses of CBD oil or other products derived from this substance have the following properties:
- CBD medicine has antioxidant effects. They fight cell wear caused by free radicals.
- These products are powerful anti-inflammatories.
- They have analgesic effects, so they help combat pain, especially if it has become chronic.
- CBD can be helpful for people who suffer from anxiety, stress, or depression since it can get them in a better mood.
- There are studies that claim that CBD helps reduce dependence on certain drugs, such as alcohol, nicotine, or opiates. It is also estimated that it can regulate and balance the immune system and has antipsychotic properties.
Products with CBD bring countless benefits that will surely help to improve your life quality. If you consume any CBD product, plan your trip carefully so you do not have to stop your treatment and suffer any consequences. Get to know the laws of the state or country you will be visiting to find out if it is legal to consume CBD. Doing this in advance will guarantee that you do not suffer any setbacks when you arrive at your destination, and you will be able to enjoy your vacation to the fullest. Stay safe, and have fun!