Hotel La Compañía, which opened last April as the first hotel in Central America to be a part of Hyatt’s exclusive Unbound Collection, offers groups one-of-kind meetings and event experiences in the heart of Panama City’s vibrant Casco Antiguo neighborhood. With more than 20,000 square feet of function space, this historic hotel brings the setting, entertainment, cuisine, and interactive experiences together to create remarkable and memorable events.
Positioned in the city’s cultural center, the hotel’s location is ideal for groups interested in an immersive experience that allows for walkable offsite excursions. However, there is no need to leave the hotel with more than five onsite dining outlets, pool, rooftop bar, spa, and courtyard for activities. The combination of indoor and outdoor event spaces ensures that groups have multiple venues to choose from for multi-day events, conferences, and specialty celebrations.
“Hotel LaCompañía was designed to bring together beautiful Instagram worthy moments of surprise and delight and unconventional meeting spaces to create an inspiring space that is as stunning as it is intriguing,” said General Manager Fidel Reyes. “Our goal is to create moments for people to connect with the setting, in addition to each other, to spark a truly memorable and positive experience that they will take home with them. The unique design of this hotel gives groups a lot to work with.”
Hotel La Compañía is a living museum where Panama’s rich history is celebrated through thought-provoking design, locally inspired culinary experiences, and distinctive art. Originally built as a Jesuit convent in 1688, the hotel is an architectural masterpiece centered around three periods in the hotel’s history – French Colonial, Spanish Colonial, and Beaux-Arts. Featuring 3,597 square feet of flexible indoor space and more than 14,500 square feet of outdoor space, the hotel’s group offerings include:
- The Roosevelt Room: Named after American President Theodore Roosevelt, this ballroom can hold up to 125 guests, and its four function rooms can accommodate 100 guests in total.
- Courtyard and Natural Chapel: The hotel’s 14,500 square foot outdoor courtyard, including the largest internal patio in Casco Antiguo, accommodates up to150 guests and is the perfect setting for cocktail receptions, dinners, and wedding ceremonies.
- La Compañía de Jesus Church Ruins: Hotel LaCompañía’s groups have exclusive access to the ruins of a 300-year-old church. Accessible from the hotel’s courtyard, this open-air space offers a magical setting for largescale events of up to 300 guests.
- Meeting Rooms: Located in the French wing, with room names paying homage to Panamanian history, La Ciudadella accommodates up to 40 guests and Galeria Endara holds up to 16 guests. In the Spanish wing, San Lorenzo and Portobello accommodates up to 40 guests and is named after the two fortifications on the Caribbean coast of Panama, part of the defense system created by the Spanish Crown to protect transatlantic trade.
In addition to the traditional meeting spaces, the hotel offers world-class dining experiences, including in-house restaurants and two lively bars. From the private wine cellar experience to a casual and intimate dining outlet, the hotel offers a variety of options including:
- El Santuario: Reminiscent of an old Spanish church with stunning stone arches and oversized windows, this restaurant features an international menu that includes Panamanian gastronomy, along with Spanish, Asian and Western cuisine, as well as Indian dishes made in an authentic tandoor oven, which is unique for Panama.
- 1739: Located in the hotel’s French wing, this restaurant offers an elegant setting for dinners. For an extra special event, guests can enjoy a wine dinner in the hotel’s 200-year-old wine cellar located unground.
- American Bazaar: This two-story venue pays homage to its unique past as it was originally built as an American department store in 1905. The eclectic space is perfect for a fun and interactive tasting menu or a casual dinner.
- Luigi’s: This cozy space offers groups a casual, yet refined venue.
- Hari’s: This explosively colorful and outrageously quirky venue encourages guests to let loose and immerse themselves fully in the present with over-the-top design and bold menu options.
“We offer a turnkey experience from concept design to execution,” continued Reyes. “We have cultivated a fantastic and creative team to curate one-of-a-kind experiences for our clients.”
The hotel is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, in-house technology support, and a dedicated event team to ensure seamless execution of every occasion. Additionally, the hotel can assist with coordinating off-site excursions through the concierge.