Real foodies don’t just want run-of-the-mill culinary experiences when they travel. They want tailored experiences that let them discover a destination and its culture through their taste buds. Travelers can do just that on African Travel, Inc.‘s delicious new itinerary, which takes them on an epicurean journey through South Africa.
‘A Taste of South Africa‘ is a 10-day journey of culinary discovery packed with hand-picked foodie attractions, wine tasting excursions, and farm-to-table flavors. Guests will savor the multi-cultural foodie heritage of Cape Town, discover the award-winning, world-class wines of Constantia and Franschhoek, and end their trip with an exhilarating safari near Kruger National Park.
Highlights of the itinerary include:
- Visit some of Cape Town’s amazing farmers’ markets with a specialist food guide and meet specialty traders, fine-food purveyors, bakers, organic gardeners and grocers
- Explore the Constantia Valley, the oldest wine producing region in the southern hemisphere, home to award-winning wine farms and some of the best restaurants in the Cape
- Taste your way through the historic Winelands town of Stellenbosch on a guided walk
- Visit Babylonstoren, one of South Africa’s oldest Cape Dutch farms, for wine tasting and a tour of the garden
- Taste olive oil at Tokara Wine Estate, set on the slopes of Simonsberg mountain
- Discover some of the 52 wine farms and 48 restaurants in Franschhoek, one of the world’s top food and wine destinations
- Taste wine at the elevated wine estates of the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley
‘A Taste of South Africa‘ culminates with three days at the renowned Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, which has one of the highest densities of wildlife per acre. Guests take morning and afternoon game drives, sip sundowners in the bush, and celebrating with communal dinners at the luxurious Sabi Sabi Bush Camp Lodge. The trip offers departures throughout 2018, and starts at $8,195 per person.
African Travel’s unique, unforgettable and magical journeys in African can be customized to suit your travel style and interests, no matter what your price point or time frame. All you need to do is bring your sense of wonder, and we provide the rest.
For more information visit www.africantravelinc.com.