According to a recent survey from Upgraded Points, 62 percent of Americans are planning to travel this Labor Day. Whether it be a road trip to a neighboring state or a flight across the country to enjoy the long weekend, travel is back. Not to mention, “vacation deprivation” may finally be a thing of the past. Expedia’s annual Vacation Deprivation study indicates that Americans plan to take an extra five days of vacation in 2021.
With the world back open and a new “no vacation days left on the table” mindset, it’s safe to say travel is on the brain for those who haven’t taken a trip yet. Travelers can make the most of the unofficial end of summer with a weekend getaway to sunny Scottsdale, a Sonoran Desert destination with over 70 resorts and hotels, more than 50 golf courses and spas, plus myriad indoor activities for keeping cool.
WHERE TO STAY:
It’s no secret that Scottsdale can be hot – from the temperature on the thermometer to the resort deals. Now through Labor Day, visitors can enjoy up to 60% off peak season rates on some of the most posh accommodations in the nation. Meanwhile, per a recent survey conducted by OnePoll, on behalf of Apple Vacations, 67 percent of people are ready to experience new adventures and the average American is now willing to spend nearly $7,000 to do so. Travelers can splurge or save on a vacation at Scottsdale properties such as:
- The Scott Resort & Spa: Located near Old Town Scottsdale with a laid back, old Havana vibe, the resort provides the ideal place to catch some R&R while also staying close to the action. The property’s “Extend with Ease” package saves guests up to 15% when staying three nights and 20% when staying four.
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch: A spot so full of fun, leaving the property seems unnecessary. This resort offers on-site activities for the whole family, including rock climbing, tennis, a 2.5-acre water playground, spa, and even live entertainment.
- Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale: Nestled in the northern mountains of Scottsdale, Boulders is the perfect hideaway for a serene Labor Day weekend. Enjoying some pampering is easy with the resort’s “ReTreat Yourself” package, which includes luxurious casita accommodations, a $50 per night resort credit, unlimited access to the spa and fitness facilities, and more.
WHAT TO DO:
- CRASH A POOL PARTY: Even in September, the desert stays hot. Cool off and kick back at some of Scottsdale’s most upbeat pool parties at Hotel Adeline, Hotel Valley Ho, Saguaro Scottsdale, Talking Stick Resort and W Scottsdale. Each fully equipped with private cabanas, fresh bites and beverages, and live music to keep the party bumping.
- SPA HOP: With the most resort spas per capita than any other city in the U.S., Scottsdale offers endless options for restoration and renewal this Labor Day weekend. Some of the area’s most luxurious spas include Joya Spa at Omni Montelucia, Well & Being Spa at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess and Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary at Andaz.
- EXPLORE THE CITY: Go urban with a stroll through Old Town to find hidden gem art galleries and local boutiques, along with a diverse restaurant scene to appease even the most selective foodie. Or take the adventurous route, kicking it into high gear with an ATV ride through desert, or embarking on a serene kayaking tour on the Salt River.