After years of travel restrictions and isolation, cancelled vacations and postponed trips, it’s time to dig out the suitcase (and the swimwear!) and book your next destination holiday. This summer is proving to be a successful one when it comes to travel and tourism within the US as the leisure travel market continues to boom. Worries about bills and inflation are thrown out of the window as travellers prepare to take the trips they’ve been dreaming about and planning for years during the pandemic. People are willing to adapt their plans in accordance with rising costs, but they’re not willing to give up on their vacations altogether. In reality, travel and tourism in the US are only set to grow. In fact, the market is expected to expand and reach the worth of 16.20 billion US dollars by the year 2031. So, in this booming market, where’s a trending place to visit?
Welcome to Orlando, Florida!
Renowned theme parks, world-class spas, and 233 days of sun a year – what’s not to love? With luxurious accommodation to be booked, bustling airports to travel to and from, and even van rentals from the Orlando airport, you’ll be able to find everything you need to make your trip to this city one to remember. Interestingly, Orlando International Airport is the 29th busiest airport in the world!
Orlando isn’t just about Disney – major cultural sites and world-famous nightlife await you too. There really is something for everyone in “Hollywood East”. There’s no doubt as to why Orlando, Florida has recently been named the number one most visited city in the United States, and even one of the most-visited cities in the entire world! Why should you make “the City Beautiful” your next vacation destination? Let’s find out!
Reasons to Visit Florida
- Fun. In Orlando, Florida you will get the chance to revisit your childhood! Entertain the kids, or be a kid again yourself, with a trip to one of Orlando’s many famous theme parks. Feel the rush of adrenalin as you hurtle through the air on a rollercoaster. Take a day to cool down and escape the heat with a splash around in a water park. Take a more relaxed pace and wonder at the amazing animal exhibits at the various zoos and aquariums. Whatever it is your kids are into, or however you want to relive your own youth, Orlando will have something for everyone!
- Culture. This is a city steeped in history and cultural experiences thrive in its musical halls and theatres. Listen to live music, immerse yourself in a ballet, relive the Hollywood era in a Broadway show. Feel educated and inspired by the many museums that the city has to offer. Wonder at the beautiful art collections housed in the city’s many art galleries. If you’re feeling spiritual, take a trip to a biblical museum complex. Be amazed and in awe of the things you see at the Science Centre or get completely involved in an interactive museum that aims to entertain as well as educate. You may not think you are a museum person, but there’s sure to be one for everyone in Orlando!
- Food. If you’re a foodie, you will love the variety that you will find in Orlando. International Drive, a busy commercial district close to the theme parks, is home to a wide variety of restaurants rich in atmosphere. Try some delicious Greek delicacies, or sample something new from a Brazilian bakery. Take a culinary trip to Ethiopia or taste a variety of cuisines at one of the many food festivals that take place throughout the year. Orlando was recently ranked second in the nation’s Best Foodie Cities and it’s not hard to see why. Rated highly for quality, diversity, and affordability, you’ll have quite the dining adventure on your trip to this multicultural city.
- Sports. Orlando is home to many major league professional sports teams. Whatever your preferred sport to watch is, you’re likely to find a game to watch in this city. Basketball, soccer, ice hockey, baseball, athletics, football – all of these sports have a strong following in the city and with the right timing, you’re more than likely going to catch a game that you’ll remember!
- Nature. Orlando isn’t just a bustling city of theme parks. It also boasts a wonderful abundance of natural beauty too. Take a short drive to bask in the sun on a beautiful beach. Experience the untouched beauty of the area in one of the nearby nature parks. One amazing park to visit is the Wekiwa Springs State Park where take a swim in the refreshing springs, reminiscent of the time when the Timucuan Indians roved the area. You can also take a day trip to Wekiva Island and rent a kayak, listen to the live bands, and sip on a cool and refreshing beverage. Days in the nature of Orlando will be the perfect refresher in between the days you spend on rollercoasters and adventures!
- Relaxation and wellness. Orlando is a city that ranks highly on a lot of lists, one being one of the best cities for an active lifestyle. Test your limits and take tennis lessons from qualified trainers or take things a little slower and paddleboard along the rivers. Bike along the nature trails or spend a day relaxing at a spa. Whatever way you like to unwind, there’ll be something for you in Orlando.
These are just a few of the many reasons as to why people are flocking to the city of Orlando, Florida and you can be one of them! Plan a trip to remember and you can make it as slow and easy-going or as fun-filled and action-packed as you would like. You have the power to design a bespoke vacation experience that’s just right for you and you’ll come to love “the City Beautiful” so much that we’re sure this won’t be the last trip you plan!