DUKES London commemorates the coronation of His Majesty, King Charles III with a truly exceptional package of finely-designed indulgences. These include private access to some of St James’s most elegant Royal Warrant Holders as well as hotel experiences, cocktails, dishes and in-room favors all designed to reflect the new monarch’s tastes.
DUKES London’s Royal Connoisseur Experience embodies the flair and confidence of King Charles III on his Coronation. It shines a light on St James’s – a uniquely aristocratic neighborhood favored by royalty and society’s elite, containing the most senior royal palace, the expansive lawns of Green Park and fine shopping embodied by historic Hatchard’s, Fortnum & Mason, the Burlington Arcade and the outlets of some of the finest British brands in the capital.
Guests at the hotel have included the composer Edward Elgar, the author Ian Fleming and multiple members of the British royal family; there is even a rumored ‘secret tunnel’ leading from DUKES bar to nearby St James’s Palace. In the spirit of this heritage, a key element of the hotel’s Royal Connoisseur Experience package is by-appointment-only access to some of the area’s elite designers and merchants, including:
- Lock & Co. Hatters – an exclusive session, including a tour of the Heritage Room and a head measuring experience using Conformateur first used in the 1850s
- Truefitt & Hill – a traditional hot towel wet shave or haircut, and products gifted from its new collection including cologne, aftershave balm and shaving cream
- Anderson & Sheppard –a Coronation Pocket Square with commemorative colors from the 1953 Coronation flag from the Savile Row tailors and private consultation
- Floris – an Oud & Cashmere scented candle and a 20% voucher
- Berry Bros. & Rudd – A bottle of The King’s Ginger Liqueur and a £20 tasting card to use in-store at 63 Pall Mall
A Royal Connoisseur Experience is bookable from the 15th March for stays between 1st April and 20th December 2023.
Superb hotel elements designed to pamper in royal style include:
- Royal Breakfast with Exmoor salted caviar and a glass of Champagne
- Enhanced welcome amenities: Moyses Stevens seasonal floral arrangement, and traditional cream tea served on fine china with a silver tea set
- Royal 4-course dinner menu (pre-booking required) created by Nigel Mendham, Executive Chef at Great British Restaurant (GBR) – using favorite royal dishes.
- An iconic DUKES Gin Martini at the legendary DUKES Bar
- Luxury Turn-down Service: favors include lush slipperswith monogrammed crown and D.R. Harris Travel Set
- A map of St James’s for visitors with viewing points and information about the Coronation events