Today, food and drink is often the highlight, if not the reason, for travel. For those looking for their next foodie destination, Dubai offers a thriving food scene full of family-friendly cafes, celebrity restaurants and Instagrammable hotspots. From traditional Emirati cuisine to meals inspired by the rich cultures of the hundreds of nationalities living in Dubai, there is something for every type of taste. Delicious and authentic experiences recently opened in the destination include:
- The new Lila Wood-fired Taqueria brings authentic Mexican flavors to Dubai on Jumeriah Beach Road. Operated by alumnus of the kitchens of Michelin Star chef Rick Bayless and protégé of culinary historian Diana Kennedy, chef Chaw Lash together with her partner Tarek Islam are bringing the first wood-fired taqueria to the Middle East that uses traditional culinary techniques to grind heirloom Mexican corn into masa for tortillas. Visitors can enjoy delicious street tacos and wood-grilled sharable entrees.
- Opened in St.Regis Dubai, The Palm in January 2023, Rüya Dubai offers a taste of sophisticated, seasonal dishes from the Anatolian peninsula. Visitors can enjoy palette-pleasing flavors and visually appealing décor in a vivacious atmosphere. The restaurant’s Head Chef, Gökhan Cokelez, hails from Anatolian region and is crafting unique dishes such as courgetti dolma (wild mushroom ragout, fennel, and oregano) and whole grilled seabream with spiced herb rub.
- Bungalo34 instantly evokes holiday vibes serving up Mediterranean specials in a secluded setting overlooking the sea.
- Located in Atlantis The Royal Dubai, Estiatorio Milos is known for its fresh seafood with options including wild oysters and delicate ceviche.
- Transporting visitors back to the 1920s, Josette is one of the most Instagrammable dining spots in the destination with pastel-pink and deep green hues, opulent chandeliers and gold accents. French cuisine can be enjoyed in this charming atmosphere with menu options such as buttery rib-eye steak and crepes.