Thinking about sun, fresh food and cocktails?
What better way to dive into summer than taking a beach vacation and enjoying the best fresh food right by the ocean in Newport Beach, California! This So-Cal destination offers the perfect escape, with beautiful waterfront views and sunny weather to enjoy while tasting fresh lobster and fine wine.
The 16th annual Newport Beach Wine Festival in May is quickly approaching! Celebrate American Memorial Day weekend from May 24-26 with winemaker dinners, tastings and more. From California’s Napa Valley to France’s Champagne valley, enjoy 25 award-winning wines, plenty of food stations, live entertainment, and waterfront views. The Mac(allan) & Cheese Whisky Tasting offers something even for those who aren’t wine fans.
Now in its 11th year, the annual Lobsterfest on August 11 offers diners the chance to fill up on food while also raising funds for local charities. Held at the Newport Dunes Water Front Resort and Marina, Lobsterfest is a celebration of summer, with fresh food and family fun.
The Pacific Wine & Food Classic from August 17-18 welcomes locals and travelers to taste vibrant summer-inspired cuisine and cocktails from the best local chefs. This exciting event offers more than 100 different foodie experiences including chef demos, wine tastings, cold beer and delicious craft cocktails.
Newport Beach Wine & Food in October is one of the most exclusive epicurean events, featuring one-of-a-kind dinners prepared by celebrity chefs and local masters, bites from 40 different top restaurants and their executive chefs, and over 250 varieties of wine, spirits and craft brews. VIP events, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, master sommelier tasting panels and interactive mixology courses are also offered throughout the weekend festivities.
Not going to be in town for any of these events? Check out the best Newport Beach restaurants and breweries that visitors can enjoy year-round:
- Chihuahua Cerveza – Rooted in Mexican culture, this taproom serves premium Mexican lager and delicious small bites like tacos, nachos and quesadillas.
- SideDoor – This British-style gastropub is the only one of its kind in the area, offering a wide range of wines and craft beers, pub food, and a cozy atmosphere.
- Lido Bottle Works – The unique dishes at Lido are prepared using local and sustainable ingredients, perfectly paired with specialty craft beer, wine, and cocktails.
- Olea – Olea offers a European twist on Napa-inspired spirits and cuisine, with dishes like crispy Jidori chicken schnitzel with wild mushrooms and drinks like the “Rum and Dumber” cocktail.
- The Beachcomber Café – A favourite among locals and travellers, this quaint beachside spot is the perfect place for a romantic dinner with a view, or a weekend brunch with friends!
For more information visit visitnewportbeach.com.