Anyone with a social media account knows the saying “location, location, location” is as true for romance as it is for real estate. Eager to uncover the most romantic places to pop the question, premium dating site EliteSingles asked 1600 people for their opinion on proposal destinations, romantic getaways and their thoughts on the modern proposal in the 21st Century.
- Venice knocks Paris off the top spot as the most romantic place to propose in 2019
- Hawaii, The Bahamas and Fiji round out the top 5
- ‘At home’ makes it into top 10 places to propose!
- 1 in 5 men would prefer to be proposed to
- True romance: The most romantic place can be a person, not only a location
While it’s certainly no surprise to see romantic European cities at the top of the list, the top 12 destinations certain reveal a lot about the locations couples want to have associated with their big moment. Particularly interesting was the shunning of a flashy locale in favour of familiar turf with a couples’ home beating out places such as Bali, New York and Sydney as the sixth preferred place for a proposal.
The Top 12 Places to Propose in 2019:
- Venice, Italy
- Paris, France
- Hawaii, USA
- The Bahamas
- Vanua Levu, Fiji
- At home
- Bali, Indonesia
- New York, USA
- Niagara Falls, North America
- Sydney, Australia
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Las Vegas, USA
In addition to naming proposal locations, EliteSingles also discovered that 21% of men would actually prefer to be proposed to. So forget waiting for a leap year to propose, ladies, get planning now!