The destination will welcome SEVEN new + notable properties between now and 2025, unveil one revamped all-inclusive rainforest retreat, and has announced THREE new non-stop flight services with American Airlines, Alaska Airlines,and Frontier.
Travel to Belize is backed by the country’s Tourism Gold Standard Recognition Program, which focuses on enhancing the hotel and restaurant cleaning practices, social interactions, workplace policies, and standard operating procedures, while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience; visitors can rest assured Belize Tourism Board is committed to offering a stress-free travel experience from the moment of arrival.
New + Notable Properties (Coming Soon)
- Hills and Valley (December 2021) Experience sustainable vacations in Belize by “glamping” in the rainforest. It’s all here, in one truly spectacular resort. Imagine spending the evening nestled in the rainforest in an A- frame cabin with sustainable features, sitting at the fire, listening to local drummers in the midst of the Belize forest surrounded by flora and fauna. Enjoy farm to table restaurant and peace and serenity by yourself, friends or with your significant other, this is a memorable visit that is worthwhile. Engulf in the natural wonders of the world by enjoying the best part of Belize, in the quiet Jungle!
- The Best Western Grand Baymen Gardens Resort (December 2021) Soon-to-be-branded as the second Best Western in Belize, the Best Western Grand Baymen Gardens on Ambergris Caye is a retreat worth considering to live in the Caribbean. Offering comfortable, and safe living accommodations at the best possible price in the Caribbean. Choose from studios, 1, 2, or 3-bedroom suites with the best amenities within San Pedro Town at prices ranging from $98,600 – $299,900.
- Margaritaville Resort Belize (Coming Soon — Early 2022) Margaritaville’s first Belizean oceanfront property (that can only be reached by boat), the island oasis is nestled within Belize’s top destination, Ambergris Caye, and will feature 71 condo-style residences. Onsite amenities include a beach sports center, two separate pools, famous Margaritaville-style eateries, along with a 400-ft private pier. Constantly searching for ways to minimize their footprint on the planet, the resort will reclaim all its water from ocean and will maintain a garden for growing food for guests and owners.
- Belize Marriott Ambergris Caye Resort & Residences (Coming Soon — 2022) Nestled within the stunning white-sand beach and turquoise-blue Caribbean waters on Belize’s Ambergris Caye, Belize Marriott Ambergris Caye Resort & Residences features a 203-key oceanfront resort and more than 70 condominium homes. Arriving beachside in 2020, and just a stroll from the heart of San Pedro town, the property strikes the perfect balance between a private resort community and a familiar small-town connection. The old-world colonial-style design echoes the country’s rich British heritage, featuring local Belizean hardwoods throughout and San Pedrano family heirlooms in the main lobby space.
- All-Inclusive Rainforest Respite in Mayflower Bocawina National Park (Coming Soon— December 2021) Offering over 7000 acres of pristine tropical rainforest, waterfalls and evidence of an ancient Mayan City, visitors can now enjoy an all-inclusive experience (starting Dec. 1, 2021), allowing guests to make the most of their stay! Meals and snacks, along with unlimited onsite guided and unguided activities, are included in addition to access to Belize’s longest canopy zipline, waterfall rappelling and ropes courses, guided birding, and wildlife viewing. Enjoy complimentary access to all the hiking, nature trails, and interpretive facilities. Nowhere else in Belize can you enjoy the comforts of a boutique eco-lodge, fine dining, and a limitless selection of adventures within a National Park.
NEW Non-stop Flight Services
- Frontier Airlines has announced the start of a new non-stop service to Belize from Denver, Colorado (DEN) and Orlando, Florida (MCO) beginning December 11, 2021. The service, which will be offered initially only on Saturdays, will be year-round with the potential for additional growth in the future.
- Alaska Airlines is expanding its horizons with new non-stop seasonal service from Los Angeles and Seattle to Belize, beginning Nov. 19, 2021. Service will operate four times a week between Los Angeles (LAX) and Belize City (BZE), and twice weekly between Seattle (SEA) and Belize City (BZE).
- American Airlines increased its non-stop flight service to Belize by adding direct, non-stop flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Belize City (BZE) in January 2021. Flights operate on every Saturday, and average flight times is five hours.